It is known that for the English, breakfast is the most important meal, since it is what provides the necessary energy for the rest of the day. This is why they created a filling and fat-rich breakfast. It may seem easy to most people, but only a few of them know the right process of preparing an English Breakfast, which will manage to offer the most satisfaction. During our recent trip to London, we enjoyed it many times and we learned a few of the secrets that make it stand out. Since we have them handy, it would be a shame not to share them with you. Follow all the advice and indulge in an authentic English Breakfast.
A filling and fat-rich breakfast
It serves 3 persons
- 4 Sausages
- 4 Day-fresh eggs
- 5 champignon Mushrooms
- 1 Can of baked beans
- 4-5 Slices of bacon
- 100gr. of Black pudding
- 3 Medium tomatoes
- 4 Slices of luxury bread
- Olive oil
1) Wash/dry and chop the mushrooms into pieces of four and the tomatoes in half.
2) In a pan, pour 1 tablespoon of butter and, after it melts, add the sausages and mushrooms (which take an amazing flavor from the combination of vegetable and pork fats)
3) Take out the sausages and mushrooms and keep them warm in the oven. In the same pan (with the existing oil) fry the bacon and tomatoes for 3-4 minutes.
4) Pour the canned beans in a small pot, so as to serve them hot.
5) In the meantime, pour 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large non-stick pan and fry the eggs.
6) Finally, toast the bread with oil and thyme in the oven.
7) With a slotted ladle, place the beans at the edge of the plate and the eggs in the center with the bacon on top of them. Place the rest wherever there is free space.
8) Season with salt and pepper wherever you think it is needed and…enjoy!
Accompanied by tea or coffee.
Note: In the game of the already rich breakfast, you can also add potato in roasted or fried form. (Although it started as a basic ingredient, it has been left out in the recent years for time-saving purposes.)
- For extra flavor, fry the bread in the pan in which you have also fried the bacon, tomatoes, sausage and mushrooms (Exquisite!)
- According to the English custom, the bread must ALWAYS be placed at the edge of the plate, so as to not be affected by any other flavor.
- In order for the eggs to maintain their golden color, you must douse them constantly in the oil that there is in the pan.
- In order for the bacon to be crispy, pick the thinnest slices and fry them on medium heat.